Create a piece of Arnold Arboretum history…enter our contest to design the 2019 Lilac Sunday t-shirt!
The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University invites artists of all ages to submit their designs for Lilac Sunday 2019. Lilac-themed t-shirts have been a tradition at Lilac Sunday for many years, and continue to be a highly anticipated and popular memento of this event.
- Designs must be original artwork for the front of a t-shirt, suitable for men and women. Color of t-shirt to be determined by the Arboretum staff, but suggestions on color are welcome.
- Designs must be 2- to 4-color for t-shirt screen printing (white is considered a color).
- Competition is open to all ages. Each artist may submit up to three designs.
- Deadline for submissions is January 14, 2019.
- Submit a digital file of your design (.pdf, .eps, .ai, .jpg, .psd). Illustrator vector format is preferred. Winning artwork must be delivered as vector artwork or as high-resolution (600 epi) scan at the final print size.
- Winning artwork becomes the property of the Arnold Arboretum. Colors and fonts may be altered at Arboretum discretion.
- Artwork may be used in other promotional materials for Lilac Sunday, possibly including but not limited to day-of-event signage and temporary tattoo.
- Submissions will be evaluated based on how well they reflect the spirit, history, and beauty of Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum.
- The competition will be judged by Arnold Arboretum staff and the winner will be announced in January 2019.
- The winner will receive ten t-shirts, a 1-year household membership to the Friends of the Arnold Arboretum, and have their name credited, if desired, on all promotional materials with the design.
Send submissions (digital file only; see criteria above): Email Or mail: Lilac Sunday T-shirt Design Competition, Arnold Arboretum, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130