Events

2019 Mar 29

Ceramics Community Scholarship–Summer 2019

(All day)

Ceramics Studio, 224 Western Ave., Allston

The Harvard Ed Portal and the Ceramics Program, Office for the Arts at Harvard are proud to announce one joint scholarship for a 8-10 week course at the Ceramics studio for summer 2019. Any Allston-Brighton resident, who is at least 18 years old, is eligible to apply. No prior ceramics experience is needed.

The scholarship covers the cost of registration and materials for one course. The recipient is responsible for payment of a $40 registration fee. A full list of summer courses will be posted shortly on the...

Read more about Ceramics Community Scholarship–Summer 2019
    2019 Jan 09

A Far Cry Presents: Musical Legacy - An exploration of the teacher-student relationship

7:00pm

Harvard Ed Portal, 224 Western Ave., Allston

The Grammy-nominated string orchestra A Far Cry returns to the Harvard Ed Portal for an open rehearsal and discussion featuring violinist and former instructor Pamela Frank. Sections of A Far Cry’s upcoming concert Legacy will be previewed followed by a discussion of the piece’s mission to...

Read more about A Far Cry Presents: Musical Legacy - An exploration of the teacher-student relationship
    2018 Oct 25

Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head

5:00pm to 7:00pm

Harvard Ed Portal, 224 Western Ave., Allston

Join the Harvard Ed Portal for a reception celebrating the latest Crossings Gallery exhibition, In Over My Head. Using photography, audio, and archival material, In Over My Head forms a complex narrative that is rooted in the labor of a specific person and place, but is also inherently fictional. Even as it captures artist Thalassa Raasch’s experience of digging graves,...

Read more about Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head
    2017 Oct 12

Rethinking Pei: A Centenary Symposium

4:00pm

Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Gund Hall, Piper Auditorium, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge

The two-day symposium will include panel discussions and scholarly presentations that showcase new research on Pei’s manifold contributions to the built environment. Notable alumni from Pei’s office, including William Pedersen, will discuss the emergence of a new kind of architectural practice in the postwar era.... Read more about Rethinking Pei: A Centenary Symposium

Pages