Events

Native Woody Plant Materials

Garden in the Woods,180 Hemenway Road, Framingham, MA 01701

Explore the huge variety of native trees, shrubs, and woody vines. Learn which species grow well in shade, which support local wildlife, and how to stagger plantings for continuous bloom, fruit production, and fall color. We’ll discuss growth characteristics, cultural requirements, and best horticultural uses. The course will include lectures and walks in the Garden in the Woods in Framingham as well as a trip to the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain. Bring a bag lunch.

Fee: $200

Read more about Native Woody Plant Materials

Forest Bathing - Half Day Retreat

Bussey St. Gate, Arnold Arboretum, Boston

Did you know that spending time connecting with nature has been medically and scientifically proven to treat stress-related illnesses? Relax and unplug on a Guided Forest Bathing Walk, a slow-paced facilitated combination of wandering, sitting, and resting. We will cover no more than 1-2 miles as I Guide us through a sequence of gentle sensory-opening invitations that welcome us to notice more of our surroundings in a way that support reconnecting or deepening our connection with the natural world.

Fee $50 ...

Read more about Forest Bathing - Half Day Retreat

Forest Bathing - Half Day Retreat

Did you know that spending time connecting with nature has been medically and scientifically proven to treat stress-related illnesses? Relax and unplug on a Guided Forest Bathing Walk, a slow-paced facilitated combination of wandering, sitting, and resting. We will cover no more than 1-2 miles as I Guide us through a sequence of gentle sensory-opening invitations that welcome us to notice more of our surroundings in a way that support reconnecting or deepening our connection with the natural world.

Fee $50 ...

Read more about Forest Bathing - Half Day Retreat

I ♥ Science

Harvard Museum of Natural History, 26 Oxford St., Cambridge

Explore the marvelous science of our natural world in this annual daylong festival featuring dozens of activities. Observe tiny, tough tardigrades... Read more about I ♥ Science

JODI: OXO

Harvard Art Museums, 32 Quincy St., Cambridge, MA

One of the most influential artist duos working in the age of the internet... Read more about JODI: OXO