Events

Remote Work Revolution, Succeeding from Anywhere

Harvard Business School—Online

In the last year, people have had a glimpse into the opportunities that remote work can afford them, such as nonexistent commute times, flex time, and increased productivity. Many organizations are planning to permanently incorporate remote days into their long-term routines, or give their employees the option to work from home full-time. On the other, remote work has brought to light many challenges that are inherent with virtual arrangements: work like boundaries can blur and people can feel isolated, out of sync and out of touch.

Professor Neeley and Dean Khurana will...

Read more about Remote Work Revolution, Succeeding from Anywhere

Hire Me!: Interview Preparation for 11th & 12th Graders

Harvard Ed Portal—Online

*For 11th & 12th graders who live or attend school in Allston-Brighton or Cambridge!*

Do you want to ace your job interviews? Join the Harvard Ed Portal for this workshop that will help you prepare for an interview in advance, including determining your most valuable skills, researching the company, and preparing for questions. You will learn how to make a positive first impression at an interview with your appearance and greeting, have confidence when responding to and asking questions, and leave a lasting impression by following up after the...

Read more about Hire Me!: Interview Preparation for 11th & 12th Graders

Hire Me!: Interview Preparation for 9th & 10th Graders

Harvard Ed Portal—Online

*For 9th & 10th graders who live or attend school in Allston-Brighton or Cambridge!*

Do you want to ace your job interviews? Join the Harvard Ed Portal for this workshop that will help you prepare for an interview in advance, including determining your most valuable skills, researching the company, and preparing for questions. You will learn how to make a positive first impression at an interview with your appearance and greeting, have confidence when responding to and asking questions, and leave a lasting impression by following up after the...

Read more about Hire Me!: Interview Preparation for 9th & 10th Graders

To Whom It May Concern: Email in the Workplace

Harvard Ed Portal—Online

*For high school students who live or attend school in Allston-Brighton or Cambridge!*

Subject line? CC? BCC? Signature? What does all this even mean? And why can’t I just send a text? If you’ve ever wondered about any of this, join us for this workshop on email skills! Writing strong emails will help you stand out in the job application process. In this workshop, you will learn how to catch and hold someone’s attention through well-written emails. And, since it’s 2021, we will also cover how (and when!) to text in the workplace!

Read more about To Whom It May Concern: Email in the Workplace

Hello? Can You Hear Me?: Workplace Phone Skills for High School Students

Harvard Ed Portal—Online

*For high school students who live or attend school in Allston-Brighton or Cambridge!*

Phone interviews can be so awkward, but the Harvard Ed Portal is here to help! Join us for a workshop that will help you develop your phone skills, from calling and talking to leaving a voicemail to following up! You will leave with the practice and tools you need to impress everyone in your life, from interviewers and future bosses to that one auntie who calls and always has something to say...!

Read more about Hello? Can You Hear Me?: Workplace Phone Skills for High School Students

Doing Business with Government Agencies and Higher Education

Harvard Ed Portal, 224 Western Ave., Allston

Join the Harvard Ed Portal for an information session designed for vendors, especially small businesses and entrepreneurs, interested in learning how to do business with Harvard University, federal, state, and local government agencies. The workshop includes a summary of their goods and services procurement processes, and an overview of some of their purchasing programs and services. This free information session is presented in partnership with Harvard Strategic Procurement and the City of Boston Small Business Administration office.

Read more about Doing Business with Government Agencies and Higher Education