Events

2020 Sep 25

Portraits in Pajamas: Live Event for "Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina"

7:00pm to 8:00pm

Online via Instagram Live

Join the Ed Portal online with two of Boston's most impactful artists, Chanel Thervil and Sabrina Dorsainvil, to celebrate the virtual unveiling of Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina.

In an intimate conversation and Q&A on Instagram Live, these artists will explore ways they and other creatives of color are navigating the nuances of self-care, survival, and the new normals as a result of COVID-19.

Get cozy and experience the newest piece in Thervil's Quarantine Self-Care Portrait series, a multi-media project that combines interviews, portrait...

Read more about Portraits in Pajamas: Live Event for "Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina"
    2019 Jan 30

Exhibition Opening: "Future Fossil"

6:00pm

Johnson-Kulukundis Family Gallery, Byerly Hall, 8 Garden Street Cambridge, MA 02138

In a newly commissioned exhibition, artist Clarissa Tossin considers the ecology of an uncertain future. Inspired by Octavia E. Butler’s science fiction trilogy Xenogenesis (1989), in which the Amazon becomes the site for a new civilization of alien-human hybrids, Tossin speculates upon a postapocalyptic world following ecological collapse. Pairing DIY plastic recycling techniques with the materials and practices of Amazonian aesthetic traditions, Tossin highlights the contemporary footprint left in the geological sedimentation of the earth. These new works consider...

Read more about Exhibition Opening: "Future Fossil"
    2018 Oct 25

Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head

5:00pm to 7:00pm

Harvard Ed Portal, 224 Western Ave., Allston

Join the Harvard Ed Portal for a reception celebrating the latest Crossings Gallery exhibition, In Over My Head. Using photography, audio, and archival material, In Over My Head forms a complex narrative that is rooted in the labor of a specific person and place, but is also inherently fictional. Even as it captures artist Thalassa Raasch’s experience of digging graves,...

Read more about Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head
    2018 Sep 12

Exhibition Opening: Lead, Line, and Plummet

5:30pm

Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Knafel Center, 10 Garden Street, Cambridge

Lead, Line, and Plummet features more than 40 intriguing objects, including unique artifacts, tools, images, and videos. Contributed by the incoming class of 2018–2019 Radcliffe fellows, this constellation of items introduces viewers to an array of projects and perspectives that animate the Institute’s vibrant multidisciplinary community of scholars, scientists, and artists.

Read more about Exhibition Opening: Lead, Line, and Plummet