Events

2020 Sep 25

Portraits in Pajamas: Live Event for "Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina"

7:00pm to 8:00pm

Online via Instagram Live

Join the Ed Portal online with two of Boston's most impactful artists, Chanel Thervil and Sabrina Dorsainvil, to celebrate the virtual unveiling of Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina.

In an intimate conversation and Q&A on Instagram Live, these artists will explore ways they and other creatives of color are navigating the nuances of self-care, survival, and the new normals as a result of COVID-19.

Get cozy and experience the newest piece in Thervil's Quarantine Self-Care Portrait series, a multi-media project that combines interviews, portrait...

Read more about Portraits in Pajamas: Live Event for "Fresh Breaths: Portrait of Sabrina"
    2018 Oct 25

Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head

5:00pm to 7:00pm

Harvard Ed Portal, 224 Western Ave., Allston

Join the Harvard Ed Portal for a reception celebrating the latest Crossings Gallery exhibition, In Over My Head. Using photography, audio, and archival material, In Over My Head forms a complex narrative that is rooted in the labor of a specific person and place, but is also inherently fictional. Even as it captures artist Thalassa Raasch’s experience of digging graves,...

Read more about Exhibition Reception: In Over My Head